Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Quiet Book Pages- Part 1

My quiet book is still a work in progress, but I wanted to post what was completed so far.
I will post tutorials for any pages upon request.
I've attached links to where I found my ideas next to each page. (For those that I found ideas from- THANK YOU for your hard work and wonderful ideas!) I designed my own template unless otherwise stated
I used the idea from quietbook.blogspot to put my quiet book into 3 ring form so that I could interchange and add to it later!
FRONT COVERS:
Flaps velcro to cover for closure
(still looking for adorable buttons to add to flap)
Used idea and tutorial by: creatingbycami
Changes I made included: the overall size, when to add closure flap, added handles, and added pockets on inside.
I LOVED this idea because it put the rings on the INSIDE but still makes it so I can change/add to it later!BOOK ONE
Inside front cover: Pocket for "treasures"
(pieces that may fall out that need to stash quickly, treats, paper, etc.)
Page 1: Clock
Idea from: Oopsey-daisy
Pages 2-3: Counting
Idea from: Little inspirations' ideas Pages 4: Ocean
Idea from: saw several "water themed pages" and just created something to fit what I wanted.
Page 5: Noahs ark
NOTE: I plan to change the animals on these two pages to make them easier to play with and more durable. (Pictures will be posted later)
Ocean opens up as a pocket for storage for the animalswhen not in use.
Flap on front opens so that the animals can go "inside" the ark.
Animals sit in flap/pocket at the top of the ark.
Page 6: Gumball machine color matchng
Idea from: Oopsey-daisy
Template parts from : Oopsey-daisy
(I used template provided on website as a guide but changed it slightly to fit what I wanted)
Page 7: Shapes matching
Idea from: my own childhood quietbook
Gumballs can even "come out" of the door at the bottom
Page 8: Weaving
Idea from: Childhood quietbook
Back cover: Another pocket for "extras"
BOOK TWO
Front Cover
Page 1: Clock
For details see above
Page 2-3: Counting
For details see above
Pages 4-5: ABC/spelling
Idea from: The Thornocks
Letters are stored in pocket and then velcro to page when in use
Pages 6-7: Puzzle page
Idea from: craftychiclyric
Puzzle pieces are stored in pockets and then assembled on black square on right page
Flower puzzle
Heart puzzle
Star Puzzle
Page 8: Weaving
For details see above
Back cover: pocket for extras!
This is all for now....but there is MORE TO COME!!
(Templates for any page available upon request)

4 comments:

The Smith Family said...

Wow...wow wow wow. Can you come be my kids' mom? Oh heck, can you just be my mom? :)

bpetersen said...

Can I pay you to make one for my girls??? :) I love it! You are soo creative and talented. I wish I had the time to do this!

Unknown said...

OH MY COW YOU ARE SOOOOOO STINKING TALENTED, EMM!!!! Super E strikes again!! The girls will absolutely LOVE it!

Lyd Stew said...

These are amazing! That is a ton of work- I am so proud of you! You have some great stuff on here- you crafty girl. I'm going to bookmark this one! Keep up the good work! You are inspiring!